42. - Produce a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) between federal agencies and western governors
Text from the Recreational Hunting and Wildlife Conservation Plan, 2008, Page 44
The MOA should:
- Establish agreement between states and federal agencies to share uniform mapping information on wildlife migration corridors.
- Seek opportunities to work with land trusts and NGOs for conserving wildlife corridors.
- Create incentives for federal land managers to partner on wildlife corridor conservation with private landowners and industry on landscape-scale approaches through coordinated development and conservation planning.
- Establish and utilize mitigation accounts for funding for wildlife friendly fencing and conservation easements.
Sub-actions for Produce a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) between federal agencies and western governors
Assessment of Status: Complete
The Memorandum of Understanding was signed in June, 2009.